Saturday, October 2, 2010

LOCAL PEER RESOLUTION

working on my computer today, i found a nice thing. The concept relates to the local peer resolution and connection among one another as local peers. I was chatting with one of my friend on LAN and i shut down the server. But still the connection among us on the chat was not broken. We were able to chat with each other, listen to one another through speakers and could send files . Also i tried to send a 4 mb file to my friend and it took less than a second to be downloaded by my fellow friend.



Why this happened???

Actually we got connected as local peers as we were on the same LAN and the Internet connection was coming from the HUB which distributed the packets to all and so we got connected on the local area network....

We needed internet to resolve our addresses, and once it resolved, we were able to communicate with each other without having internet connection also.   :)

1 comment: